Tuesday, February 16, 2010

We have a heartbeat!!




We had our doctor appointment yesterday morning, and I was SO nervous. Nervous to see the same thing that we've seen the last 2 times we found out we were pregnant-an empty yolk sac & nothing else. Although in the back of my mind I knew things were different this time since I have never felt pregnant before; and I sure do feel pregnant this time. Especially with the annoying nausea!! So my doctor got right to the ultrasound and right away I saw nothing but a big empty black spot on the screen. I was prepared for him to say that there was nothing there - good thing I had Keith there to hold my hand and get me through it. Then, all of a sudden he moved the wand thing around and there it was. Our baby. AND a heartbeat! I was in shock. Then he let us hear the heartbeat. It was and is a good strong heartbeat, I couldn't believe it - I asked the doc if he was sure it wasn't just my racing heartbeat that we were hearing! It was the greatest feeling since we started this journey.
I thought that I was about 6 weeks along, but the baby is measuring about 8 weeks along!! Even better since the safer zone is after the first 12/13 weeks-now we're that much closer. The risk of miscarriage goes down after you see and hear a good heartbeat, but the risk goes down even more once you're out of the first trimester. So, now the journey continues and this time I'm sure we will have our baby in our arms in about 7 months!! Wow - 7 months, now that I say it that way it seems so close to today!

5 comments:

  1. This is amazing! I have been putting all my positive thoughts and wishes into the world for this to happen for you guys - and continue to do so! I come close to "hapy tears" just thinking about the end result of this exhausting, yet miraculous journey!

    - Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! I am so happy to hear this. I will continue to send you the good vibes. Funny, all week you have been on my mind and I was planning to call you on my next day off, just because : ) That's what I call connection! Love to youguys : )

    -Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! I can't wait to be an auntie!! I'm sooo excited and happy for you guys! Love all THREE of you!=)

    ~Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're so happy for you guys and our prayers are with you both and the little one on this journey of life! Love to you both and we're hoping to meet your new member of the family later on this year. Love you, Uncle Alan and Aunt Melody >]]]><

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for you guys, the best news in the world! I only wish I would have taped the excitement in Keith's voice when he called after hearing the heart beat. It was just precious Lori, This baby couldn't possibly be loved any more than it is, and you and Keith deserve all the wonderous joys that baby is going to bring you.You've been through so much together, and built a special bond between you and your baby that will be there forever. Lori,rest, do as the doctor says,and we'll all be counting the days with you. I love you both, GRANDMA!!!!! YAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!

    ReplyDelete