Friday, March 19, 2010

Second Trimester



Whew - we made it to the second trimester and now any worries that I had before are gone. As of today I'm 13 weeks & 3 days! Some say that your second trimester doesn't start until the first day of your 14th week, but I'll go with the people that say it's the end of your 12th week. I'm feeling better most nights, but am still having some nauseous nights. I'm super exhausted after a day of work, so naps are still my best friend. This Wednesday I started getting really hungry; I would eat breakfast and then an hour later I would be hungry again. It's not just a rumbly tummy hunger either - it's a headache with lightheaded-ness and a little nauseous. It's a feeling of, I have to eat NOW or I'll pass out. So, to control that I'm eating all day long.
Monday we had our appointment with my OB, and she said everything looks really good and to come back in a month - that was it. I was very disappointed, I thought the prenatal appointments were supposed to be a ton of questions along with some personal attention - I guess not in the world of HMO's & PPO's. My acupuncturist knows more about my pregnancy then my OB does! I'm looking forward to our tour on Monday at the birthing center in Irvine. Forget OB's, I'll find myself a good midwife that actually cares more about my pregnancy then the dollar.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear you are feeling better, second tri is way better!. Also I had a midwife with Tyler and loved her!

    Love ya,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete